Attention: County Board, Individuals, Families, Guardians and Providers
STAR, Inc. is very excited to announce that starting June 2nd, in accordance with the CDC, ODH, and DODD, we can lift some of our COVID protocols.
Please review the following:
- We will no longer be operating with limited capacity in confined cohorts. Individuals will be able to move about the building to all activity areas of choice. Lunch and break will now be in the multipurpose room again as well.
- Following the CDC, we will no longer be requiring masking, social distancing, or daily screening and temperature checks. We will continue regular sanitizing and cleaning.
- We still ask that you do not come in if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have the following symptoms of coughing, sore throat, or difficulty breathing. We also still ask to be notified if anyone in the household is being tested for COVID-19, tested positive, or is placed under quarantine.
- There will be ongoing communication with individuals with health risks and their stakeholder team to address ongoing health concerns or accommodations to meet their needs.
- Community outreach programs (IMPACT and COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS) are starting back up on 6/21/21 and as a result program calendars will be produced again starting in July. Outings are starting to be scheduled both in county and out of county. We are also excited to start trips to the Wheelersburg Pool and have renewed our passes to Shawnee State for use of the gym and pool. Sign-ups will be in the hallway as before as outings come up.
- We still ask that you call your transportation provider if you are not coming in for any reason. This will reduce unnecessary time spent on transportation for those riding.
- STAR Transportation: 740-353-1505
- Petermann: 740-353-0667
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kelly Hunter at 740-353-7945. If you would like to return to services or add days to your current schedule, please contact your SSA.